May 27, 2021 11:00 AM
How to start security in a startup
Fireside Chat with Barak Engel & Ivan Novikov
Join us on May 27th for a unique opportunity to witness a live interview with our Guest Speaker & Wallarm Advisor Barak Engel, author of “Why CISOs Fail”, current CISO of Stubhub, and well-known V-CISO for Silicon Valley-based companies.
During the conversation Barak Engel will share his insights on how to start security in a SaaS startup:
- What drives security in startups: compliance, incidents, or something else?
- Who owns security before CISO comes on board?
- When do you need your first security team to be hired?
- V-CISO or dedicated CISO?
- SOC2, PCI, or other compliance. How to make it easier?
Most interesting questions will be granted gifts!
Authors of the 10 most interesting questions will receive the book "Why CISOs Fail" as a gift from the speakers.
CEO at Wallarm
Besides being a co-founder of Wallarm, Ivan Novikov also is:
- provider of AI-powered application security;
- white-hat security professional with over 12 years of experience in security services;
- inventor of memcached injection and SSRF exploit class
- recipient of bounty awards from Google and Facebook
- speaker at HITB, Black Hat, and other industry events.
CISO at Stubhub. Founder/CEO/Chief Geek: Eammune.
Barak is a highly experienced CISO, established security expert, and industry veteran. As the originator and practician of the "virtual CISO" concept, Barak and his company Eammune have built and managed dozens of security organizations across many industries, including notable brands MuleSoft, Stubhub, and Amplitude Analytics. A frequent and sought-after public speaker, his highly pragmatic, no-nonsense, and often whimsical approach to security management is captured in his book "Why CISOs Fail”. His upcoming second book, “The Security Hippie”, sharing many real-life stories from the field, is scheduled to be published in late 2021.