December 16, 2021 11:00 AM
How to Start Security in a SaaS Startup
Barak Engel, author of “Why CISOs Fail”, current CISO of Stubhub, and well-known V-CISO for Silicon Valley-based companies, shares his insights on how to start security in a SaaS startup in a live interview with Raj Umadas, experienced product security leader & Wallarm adviser:
- What drives security in startups: compliance, incidents, or something else?
- Who owns security before CISO comes on board?
- When do you need your first security team to be hired?
- V-CISO or dedicated CISO?
- SOC2, PCI, or other compliance. How to make it easier?
CISO at Stubhub. Founder/CEO/Chief Geek: Eammune.
Barak is a highly experienced CISO, established security expert, and industry veteran. As the originator and practician of the "virtual CISO" concept, Barak and his company Eammune have built and managed dozens of security organizations across many industries, including notable brands MuleSoft, Stubhub, and Amplitude Analytics. A frequent and sought-after public speaker, his highly pragmatic, no-nonsense, and often whimsical approach to security management is captured in his book "Why CISOs Fail”. His upcoming second book, “The Security Hippie”, sharing many real-life stories from the field, is scheduled to be published in late 2021.